Interior Design – Lead
Carrier Johnson + Culture is a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural design firm with locations in San Diego and Los Angeles. Our work is complex, impactful, fast-paced and exciting thriving on collaboration and discussion. This approach blends the talents and skill-sets from architecture, landscape architecture and interior design to create unique and functional environments appropriate to the ecological, cultural and social aspects of all the communities we work for and in. The diversity of our work includes urban design, campus master-plans, hospitality, mixed-use developments, urban residential, retail, river parks and master-planned communities. We have an immediate opening for a Interior Design Lead in our downtown San Diego Office. An ideal candidate is a motivated, passionate, articulate and talented designer who enjoys a collaborative setting.
- Support the firm’s design ethos – seek high design solutions inspired by authentic design influences…seek design concepts informed by real conditions
Business Development Influence:
- Provide a national client following via past client interaction
- Develop effective strategy for national client “subscription” design services
- Consistently execute a new business development program generating opportunities commensurate with firm revenue goals and objectives set collectively for each fiscal year.
- Collaborate with, and develop an interior design culture whose design focus is relevant, forward thinking, and state of the art, rewarding innovation, while instilling intimate and informed client relationships.
- Create and insist on a consistent atmosphere of national award winning interior design work
- Create a pro-active program focused on recruiting talent required to be a consistent and recognized national leader in interior design.
- Enthuse an attitude and participation by all interior design staff in relevant community service.
- Degree in Interior Design with NCIDQ certification.
- 12+ years of relevant experience in all phases of interior design including demonstration of award winning interior design projects. A minimum of 5 years of experience in design and leadership on significant corporate/commercial projects
- Published work at the local or global level
- Ability to assemble and develop a project team, design fee’s as required to complete client scope of work. Create presentations and objectives for potential clients and lead project interviews.
- Lead the creative efforts on interior design projects by bringing new approaches to design process and strategy. Coached and developed team talent and set overall design direction. Fostered creativity and a commitment to design excellence within project team, interior design staff and clients.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge in areas including:
- Programming, visioning sessions/workshops, conceptual design, schematic design, material selection and detailing, furniture specification, delivery systems, fixture selection and specification, code conformance, construction documentation, field execution and project costs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of interior design coordination including; Coordination with architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, lighting, technology, acoustics, AV, building owners, independent project/construction managers, LEED administrators, furniture vendors, public authorities and associations, and specialty disciplines.
- Demonstrated capacity to identify, organize, and execute software technology strategies/implementations for state of the art expressions of design intent on behalf of desired design ideas.
- Practical knowledge of various industry wide typical software systems: CADD at the rendering level, BIM, Revit, Organizational Management, Project Scheduling, SketchUp, InDesign and Microsoft.
Salary is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive compensation package including medical, dental insurance, a 401(k) and ESOP program, along other excellent benefits. To be considered, please send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and work samples to jam at carrierjohnson.com